Charity Presentations - suggested points to consider in preparing a presentation
Members who submit the name of an organization for consideration should be prepared to make a 5 minute presentation. The presentation should be factual and interesting, but need not be overly formal. You also will be given an additional 5 minutes for Q&A. You should be able to comment on such considerations as those listed below, and be prepared to answer probing questions.
Do your research and be prepared so that the charity is given proper consideration. If you're not prepared, please don't submit the charity's name until a later date.
- What is the name of the organization?
- What is the organization's mission?
- Is the organization a registered 501(c)3 non profit? (a requirement!)
- Where is it located, and what areas does it serve? Please keep in mind that charities will be considered only if they're a local organization serving Southwest Florida.
- No national charities may be considered. Our goal is to support local charities that often have fewer funding sources.
- What services are performed by the organization? Who benefits?
- What is its annual budget?
- How will the funds from 100+Women Who Care of Southwest Florida be used?
- How would the organization benefit from receiving our donation?
- Consider providing an anecdotal story about individuals who have been beneficiaries of the charity's work.
- What are the current sources of funding?
- How is the organization run? (Does it have a board of directors, staff, volunteers, etc?)
- Please avoid any organization that may be controversial by the nature of its work.
- If chosen, to whom would the checks be made payable?