How 100+ Women Who Care Works
- Each member commits to donating $100 to each selected charity. A member is one who has signed the Commitment Form.
- Members will bring a check to each meeting to be made payable directly to the selected charity. If a member is unable to attend a meeting, she agrees to give her check to another member to deliver on her behalf, or mail it to a designated individual after the meeting. REWORD
- All eligible charities will be a 501(c)(3) organization serving Southwest Florida. National charities are eligible only if ALL donations stay in Southwest Florida.
- Only members who have signed a Commitment Form may submit the name of an organization for consideration.
- Members who have signed a Commitment Form and are current in their payments each have one (1) vote.
- A member may submit the name of only one organization at each meeting. Three (3) charity names will be randomly selected (pulled from a basket). The member submitting the name of a charity must include her name, and if chosen, will make the presentation. If no member’s name is on the submission, another charity will be drawn.
- Five minutes will be allotted for the presentation, followed by another 5 minutes for Q&A. Each 5-minute segment is timed and the speaker is expected to terminate her presentation when prompted.
- If a member presents for a particular charity that is not chosen, she may submit the name of the same charity at a subsequent meeting. Once a charity is chosen and funded, that charity is not eligible to be considered again until after a period of 3 years.
- In the case of a two-way tie, members will be provided with the names of the 2 charities and a second vote will be taken. In the event of a second tie, one of the charities will be selected by a random draw. In the event of a three-way tie, a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results again in a tie, one of the 3 charities will be selected in a random draw.