How 100+ Women Who Care Works
- Each member commits to donating $100 per meeting ($300 per year). A "member" is defined as a woman who has signed the Commitment Form.
- Meetings will begin promptly at the designated time and will be adjourned in one hour or less.
- Members bring a check to each meeting to be made payable directly to the selected charity. If a member is unable to attend a meeting, she agrees to give her check to another member to deliver on her behalf, or mail it to a designated individual after the meeting.
- All eligible charities will be a 501(c)3 organization serving Southwest Florida. No national or global charities will be eligible unless ALL of the monies donated will stay in Southwest Florida.
- Only members who have signed a Commitment Form (included herein) may submit the name of an organization for consideration.
- Members who have signed a Commitment Form and are current in their payments each have one (1) vote.
- A member may submit the name of only one organization at each meeting. Three (3) charity names will be randomly selected. The member submitting the name of a charity must include her name, and if chosen, will make the presentation. If no member’s name is on the submission, another charity will be drawn.
- Five minutes will be allotted for the presentation, followed by another 5 minutes for Q&A. Each 5-minute segment is timed and the speaker is expected to terminate her presentation when prompted.
- If a member presents for a particular charity that is not chosen, she may submit the name of the same charity at a subsequent meeting. Once a charity is chosen and funded, that charity is not eligible to be considered again until after a period of 3 years.
- In the case of a two-way tie, members will be provided with the names of the 2 charities and a second vote will be taken. In the event of a second tie, one of the charities will be selected by a random draw. In the event of a three-way tie, a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results again in a tie, one of the 3 charities will be selected in a random draw.
- Representatives of 100+ Women Who Care of Southwest Florida will present the checks to the awarded charity.
- The awarded charity must agree not to use member information for any future solicitations, or share member information with any other party. A representative of the charity will be asked to sign a statement of agreement.
- The awarded charity will send a representative to the next meeting to explain how the funds will be used. In the interest of adhering to a strict 60-minute time limit per meeting, their presentation will be limited to 10 minutes.
Statement from a member: "I have gone to 2 meetings this season and have learned so much about the needs in our area; from shelters to food kitchens, to clothing needs and school programs. Sadly, the list is endless and the needs great. The meetings are 1 hour (almost to the minute) and there's nothing to do but give $100 to the chosen charity. For me, it's been a learning experience and eye opener and I think worth it. It would be of particular interest for those who might want to learn what volunteer opportunities are around."